Why we choose NZ Wool for our dog beds
The attributes of wool fiber makes it ideal for dog beds!
As humans, there might be nothing that we love more (and nothing more important), than a good night’s rest in a comfortable bed. Time and time again, studies have shown the importance of quality sleep… But what about dogs? Dogs, on average, need more sleep than a person does, which means a good dog bed is essential for their health and happiness! We are confident we have hit the nail on the head with creating the perfect dog bed… A superior wool-filled dog bed that embraces timeless design, functionality and the needs of our beloved fur babies.
We believe in durability, comfort and sustainability, which is why our hero ingredient is NZ Wool. Our wool filling is from New Zealand - recycled from the textile industry and offers many incredible benefits:
- Wool facilitates a more comfortable individual body temperature so your dog can fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer. Better quality of sleep soothes the pain receptors in your dog's body.
- Wool is thermoregulating and keeps your dog warmer in the winter because wool is one of the best natural insulators - the therapeutic warmth is ideal for sore muscles and aching joints.
- Wool also helps to keep skin cooler in the summer by wicking away moisture, unlike memory foam which can be very hot.
- Wool breathes more naturally than synthetics which helps reduce smells.
- The Resiliency of wool provides even weight support so there is less pressure on painful joints and muscles.
- If you have a dog with sore joints, arthritis or that has just had surgery then a wool dog bed will be the perfect solution for their discomfort. We recommend our “Original Dog Bed” which has 2 layers of wool for dogs with arthritis or injuries etc.
- Wool is hygienic and hypoallergenic – it effectively controls the growth of bacteria, mould, mildew and musty odours.
- Wool has the ability to repel dust particles and dust mites means it is a great choice for pups who suffers from allergies.
- Wool is Non-Toxic - It has natural antibacterial properties, too, and can be used in hospitals and many other environments where it helps avoid the spread of infections.
- Wool Is Natural, Sustainable and Biodegradable.
- Dog love the smell of wool and find it comforting.
Our wool filling it has been bonded with a “polyester strand” This is minimal but necessary so that our beds maintain a resilient mattress shape and last many years. There is no rugger/resins or chemicals, meaning it’s still non-toxic, natural and completely biodegradable, with all the amazing properties of wool.